Working for us at West Sussex County Council is about making a positive difference for the people of West Sussex.
This is a great opportunity for you to join us as an Assistant Care Manager within our busy hospital social work team, supporting adults of all ages with physical disabilities, acquired brain injuries, chronic health conditions, the elderly and people with dementia.
Why not take a look at our Adult Social Work Careersand to find out more!
Salary: £23,484 to £25,927 per year (with the addition of the Crawley weighting allowance)
Working model: Full time (37 hours per week)
The duration of the contract: Permanent
Location: Crawley Hospital
Date of interview: TBC (Microsoft Teams)
Here at West Sussex County Council (WSCC), what we do changes lives. To enable us to continue to provide care and support to some of our most vulnerable residents, we are looking for a resilient and highly motivated Care Assistant.
In this exciting opportunity, you will provide, under regular guidance and supervision, a social work support service to people accessing or needing the service to include assessment, planning and review of care packages in accordance with legal requirements and departmental procedures, as well as timely discharges in accordance with the care law.
Are you familiar with social work policies, practices and procedures? If so, take a look at the attached job description and see if you have the skills, qualifications and experience to be an Assistant Care Manager here at Crawley Hospital!
Experience and skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret information and prioritize needs in order to make recommendations/decisions that will have a positive outcome.
- Ability to work in a client-focused manner, earn client trust and provide high quality service.
- Ability to work in a multi-agency environment to provide service to people who access or need the service.
- Ability to communicate complex or sensitive information, both verbally and in writing, to a range of audiences to achieve positive results. In particular, be able to communicate clearly with customers reflecting service goals and standards.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a workload with competing deadlines and in line with performance indicators and targets.
- Ability to recognize the limits of own accountability and responsibility and to seek appropriate support, guidance and supervision.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent qualification or experience working at this level of literacy and numeracy.
- NVQ Level 3 Healing – Desirable
- Knowledge of social work policies, practices and procedures.
- Understanding of role within broader community and voluntary sector.
- Good working and up-to-date knowledge of legislation relevant to the area of specialization of the position – Desirable
- Experience of working in a social protection environment.
Reward and Benefits
As an employer, we recognize that our people are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic work environment where employees can reach their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and be rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working with a great team and a competitive salary, you will have access to:
- 24 days of annual leave + public holidays with the possibility of purchasing additional leave annually
- Access to a generous defined benefit pension plan
- A range of flexible working options
- Career progression
For a full list of the benefits available to you as an employee of West Sussex County Council, you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the position ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Make sure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as once the job is closed you may not be able to upload again.
We are committed to protecting and promoting the well-being of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This position is subject to a reinforced DBS check, a 5-year referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive environment free from any form of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its staff. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no one will be disadvantaged.
For more information on your eligibility to apply for this position under our Disability or Veteran Guaranteed Maintenance Program, you can find it on our application help page.
Note for recruitment agencies: we prefer to hire people directly, but we have a list of suppliers when we need a helping hand. We will contact you directly if we need you!